PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY BETECH DIRECT LTD.
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us or use our web site. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe. Betech Direct Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when communicating with us or using our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title, contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, products previously purchased and/or offers
Explaining the legal basis we relay on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
Consent : In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
Contractual obligations : In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations to you. For example, if you order an item we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
Legal compliance : If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
Legitimate interest : In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business but which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available offers.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we will keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees, repeat business and so on.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing :
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us: Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails. Write or email us at the address on our web site. Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Contacting the regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our web site & links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.